Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It Was All A Dreeeeeam...

Well, It has been a few days now since Harold Camping's predicted and "imminent" end of the world and I can't help but wonder... What happened? Am I still here? Did I get left behind?
Many of us wondered the same thing this past Saturday, the 21st of May, 2011...

And to think... I told the Easter Bunny to rush to the North Pole to warn Santa of the dangers that were soon to come...

Man, I sure feel stupid after that... And what really get me is, I sold my unicorn to an Elf and gave my favorite pair of shoes to a troll that lives under the bridge in a nearby village...

Ok...So maybe I didn't buy in to the hype, but lets be real for a minute...

Maybe next time we'll know better than to listen to 89 year old Harold Camping, who has been wrong in the past about the "end of the world"... And Maybe we can forget about trying to figure out when "the world will end" and stop worrying about "will I be married before the rapture?", or "will I have a baby before the apocalypse?", or "will I get to have an iced mocha before the season finale of House?"

And start focusing more on how to make a difference in someone's life, and how to help out someone in need!

There are way too many people out there trying to create fear and chaos in hopes of gaining some odd form of fame, and far too little stories of people helping people and showing love to those in need...

So lets get out there and stop pushing our judgement down people's throats and telling people they're going to hell for one reason or another and start loving people for who they are, giving to those in need, and doing what we can to show the ones around us that we care...

Because let's face it, doing things the way we are doing them now isn't exactly getting people to line up at local churches on Sundays in excitement, or filling up soup kitchens with volunteers thrilled to give someone in need a hot meal.


Let's get out there and do this thang people!!! WOOOOO!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment